Software Title: Wamp Server
Download Link: http://www.wampserver.com/en/
Contact Them: http://forum.wampserver.com/list.php?2
License: Freeware, Open Source no limits or restrictions
WampServer, a Windows web development environment.
WampServer is a Windows web development environment. It allows you to create web applications with Apache2, PHP and a MySQL database. Alongside, PhpMyAdmin allows you to manage easily your databases.
Start with WampServer
WampServer installs automatically all you need to start developing web applications and is very intuitive to use. You will be able to tune your server without even touching the setting files.
- Double click on the downloaded file and just follow the instructions. Everything is automatic. The WampServer package is delivered whith the latest releases of Apache, MySQL and PHP.
- Once WampServer is installed, you can add other releases by downloading them on this website. They will then appear in the WampServer menu and you will be able to switch releases with a simple click.
- Each release of Apache, MySQL and PHP has its own settings and its own files (datas for MySQL).
- The “www” directory will be automatically created (usually c:wampwww)
- Create a subdirectory in “www” and put your PHP files inside.
- Click on the “localhost” link in the WampSever menu or open your internet browser and go to the URL : http://localhost
WampServer’s functionalities are very complete and easy to use so we won’t explain here how to use them.
With a left click on WampServer’s icon, you will be able to:
- manage your Apache and MySQL services
- switch online/offline (give access to everyone or only localhost)
- install and switch Apache, MySQL and PHP releases
- manage your servers settings
- access your logs
- access your settings files
- create alias
With a right click :
- change WampServer’s menu language
- access this page