Software Title: Proxy Offline Browser
Download Link: http://www.proxy-offline-browser.com/MM3-WebAssistant-Proxy-Offline-Browser-Private.en.zip
Contact Them: http://www.proxy-offline-browser.com/professional/contact.html
License: Personal Version is Freeware / Pro Version is 29.00 Euro (Quite Expensive!)
WebAssistant – Proxy Offline Browser is a neat trick. By passing all your web traffic through WebAssistant, you instantly and transparently build a copy of all the pages you visit – so they’re yours to surf offline whenever you like. There’s no difference between surfing the web and surfing your archive; you can even use your bookmarks or search your pages offline when you don’t have a network connection. When online the proxy updates your cached web pages and adds new pages automatically. This feature distinguishes the utility from most other offline browsers.
How it Works
WebAssistant – Proxy Offline Browser is a personal proxy server sitting behind your regular browser (Firefox, IE, Safari, Opera – whatever!), silently and speedily handling all the network traffic. Each time you click on a link, WebAssistant displays the page as normal, but also adds it to an archive on your disk enabling offline access, bookmarking and searching.
Unlike most offline browsers, you don’t have to specifically tell WebAssistant to capture a website – it remembers everything you see, automatically adding new pages to the cache. And when you’re back online, WebAssistant updates your cached pages (in the background) so you’ve always got the latest version to hand.
Work offline (train, plane, beach – wherever you like) without worrying that you have the info you need. Reduces the pressure of knowing what to save, and the necessity for repeating browsing sessions looking for something that was missed.
Incorporate the web into presentations or talks where you don’t have internet access.
You can sure you’ll always have the page you need with WebAssistant.
Mobile users have the flexibility of accessing information from the web without having to worry about expensive access points. Shun overpriced wifi access ports – or at least only pay for what you really need.
WebAssistant – Proxy Offline Browser helps you to use the internet effectively everywhere.
- Automatically archive all pages visited.
- Accelerates in the web online browsing or updates the archive.
- No difference between on- and offline browsing.
- Browse also offline with your Bookmark and Favoriten collection.
- Browse original hierarchy of downloaded pages.
- Links to resources of cache archives are marked for quick navigation.
- Compare HTML pages from internet and archive. The changes are highlighted.
- Topic-specific archiving of web pages.
- Archives can be shared across multiple machines (and OS).
- Burn a site (or many sites) to CD for backup or archive.
- Supports the protocols HTTP and FTP.
- Caches the domain and IP address (DNS) for speedy web access.
- Available on many operating systems through the use of Java[TM] technology.
- Operating Systems: Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP/Vista, Linux, Unix, Solaris, OS/2, Mac OS X.
- Supplied with a detailed documentation, scenarios, tutorial and free e-mail support.