Software Title: PIsP
Download Link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/puttygen/files/latest/download
Contact Them: firstname.lastname@example.org
License: Freeware, Free for use, No Limits, Restrictions read below.
What’s it do?
This application will connect (via PuTTY) to your socks proxy. You can easily generate a new
PuTTY connection if one times out or becomes inactive. This application has a very easy to
use/understand GUI. I’ve put a ton of time into this app from version 1.0 to version 2.0 and now
version 3.0 to make it as flawless as possible. Please, let your friends know if you find it useful!
Just download the latest installer (v3.0.1) and let it install itself!
Version 2.0 has been a major overhaul from the original version. Many significant
bugs have been worked out, as well as a plethora of added features. I already have
a very long list of ideas for version 3.0, including:
- Make a toolbar and setting for minimizing to toolbar. This will be installed on the taskbar
- Create a version for IE, [DONE]Chrome, Opera, and Safari, and a setting to change proxy settings for individual browsers, all, or none
- Create an automatic check for the PuTTY connection and reset it if it’s become inactive.
- Some sort of encryption for password hidden on the user’s computer (this can only be so useful, since passwords are going to be stored on the user’s profile)
- [DONE] Reset to default settings button
- A boot to tray setting (and toolbar, if it’s finished by then)
- [DONE] An installer
- Remove affiliation with PuTTY for possible legal reasons. I’ll try to figure out how to use SSH with C#
- [DONE] Rename to something without PuTTY in the title
- [DONE] Possibly change flags used to connect to PuTTY (maybe in an advanced settings form)